Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 25 Newsletter

Thank you all for a very successful night last week.  I am very proud of how well all of the students did!  Thank you for all of your work at home with memorizing and outfitting them.  This is always a highlight of 4th grade, and I know they will remember this for many years to come. Also, if you have any feedback, please email me to let me know.  

Round up those recorders (and bags) for Mrs. Brumley, also any clothing you borrowed for your character.  Please return them by Wednesday.  

On Thursday, we are going to the Aurora Colony (an Oregon Trail era communal farm).  They reenact the pioneers way of life, and the students love the immersive way to learn, so I am sure you will hear many stories on Thursday night.  To get there in time, we need all students to arrive in the classroom at 9:05am.  This is the normal time they come in from carpool, so please drop them off by that time.  We will depart the classroom by 9:15 in cars.  Thank you to the Terhaar, Wong, Hampton, and Cartmill families for driving.  We will return to WHCS around 2:00, so they will need to bring a sack lunch and will need to bring the trash home.  Lastly, we will be outside and in unheated buildings from 9:45 - 1:30, so they will need to dress for the weather, and from experience, they should dress warmly!

We will not have spelling words nor reading logs until we return from Spring Break.  Enjoy!

Current bible verse:   Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.”  And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5

What we are studying this week:
Bible: The Sin’s Consequences (Verse Test on 3/22)
Grammar:  Nouns unit
Math: Begin Ch. 6 - Fraction equivalencies and comparisons
Reading: Me and Uncle Romie - Character study
Science:  Properties of Matter Unit test on Monday
Social Studies:  Oregon Trail - Westward Expansion, begin journal project
Writing:  6+1 writing traits: Word Choice

What's coming up:
Mar. 23 - Aurora Colony field trip (9:15-2:00)
Mar. 24 - No School - Grading Day (End of 2nd Term)
Mar. 27-31 - No School - Spring Break

Apr. 7 - Report cards emailed home

No comments:

Post a Comment