Important State Float info...
- State floats are due June 6 (Info sheet here, if needed)
- The students are in the process of completing their maps and flags in class and they should be used on the float somewhere.
- Float parade is on June 8th at 2:20 on the track, parents and visitors are invited! It should be all done by 2:45.
- We will have special music from the WHCS band to keep the march going.
- All floats need to go home on June 8th due to the amount of classroom space they occupy. Please e-mail me if that won’t be possible.
On Monday, June 12, the 8th annual Killian Pancake Breakfast will be served. Please contact the room moms if you have any questions. Additionally, there will be a talent show at the end of the breakfast. Students will be bringing home a permission slip on later this week. If they are performing, I would like a parent signature so you know that they are performing.
Don’t forget to keep studying the states and capitals because the final test over all of the states and capitals is on June 2nd.
Current Bible verse: No more verse tests; only lessons
What we are studying this week:
Bible: Salvation in Christ Alone
Grammar: Pronouns unit
Math: Begin Ch.10 - Geometry
Reading: Novel groups
Science: Kingdoms of living organisms
Social Studies: Oregon’s government and geography
Writing: 6+1 writing traits: Word Choice
What's coming up:
June 2 - States and Capitals final test over all 50 states and capitals.
June 6 - State Floats due
June 8 - State Float Parade (2:20ish)
June 9 - End-of-year Auction
June 12 - Pancake breakfast & talent show (8:15am-10:00)
June 12 - Math Ch 10 Test
June 13 – Last Day of School (11:30 Dismissal)
June 13 – Family Picnic at WHCS (11:45-3:00)